Want Free Custom Designed Keyguards?
Give someone with a disability a way to use their iPad or tablet to communicate.
This event is for:
- Disability Professionals that want help making keyguards.
- People with Disabilities that need a keyguard for their access needs.
- Makers that wish to give back to the community using their maker skills.
CTEC is a place to…
- See, touch, and try out AAC technology, from light tech to high tech.
- Connect with others.
- Get assistance with the assessment, trial, and funding process.
- Learn how to use new technology.
- Have consumers, family members, and professionals get the support they need to make appropriate technology decisions.
Upcoming CTEC Events & Activities:
Go Talk Now Training July 24, 2019 • 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
In our Go Talk Now Training we discuss and demonstrate important functions of the device and vocabulary that you will need to know in order to customize the device for the AAC user's ongoing needs. This training is for family and support team members… Read More!
Support Strategies July 25, 2019 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Support Strategies is a training for family members, support staff, educators, and therapists on the many important aspects needed to help an individual use a communication system throughout the day, across all environments, at home, school, work and… Read More!
Techsploration August 8, 2019 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Techsploration is a hands-on session, guided by our staff to help participants gain a better understanding of the systems available for communication and how we might explore these options throughout the assessment process. All are welcome to attend.… Read More!
Jazzy Talkers August 9, 2019 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
AAC user social group - Mentoring individuals to communicate on their own with support, friendship, leadership and good examples. Arden-Dimick Library 891 Watt Avenue Sacramento, CA 95864… Read More!
Earn Your STAR Certification!
Learn how to better support individuals with communication needs by viewing our video training library.Watch the Videos and Earn Your Certificate of Completion!
A CTEC Success Story
Frank has used AAC devices for many years. Now he has the ability to communicate with others over email, text messaging and facebook. Frank is learning how to make phone calls with his device. He also loves to play music and control his TV via Infrared (IR) control.Watch CTEC Success Stories…